How To Find The Right Florist For Your Wedding Flower Arrangements
Wedding flower arrangements can be one of the most beautiful elements of your wedding day. Used creatively, they can add color, fragrance, drama and romance to the setting. They are one of the most important details to consider when selecting and designing the look and feel of your wedding ceremony and reception.
You'll definitely need to find a florist that will meet and exceed, all of your expectations when creating all of your flower arrangements. Doing so, is really easier said than done but, not impossible! When searching for the right florist for your wedding flower arrangements, be sure to keep these helpful tips in mind:
1. Ask your coworkers, friends and relatives whom they've contracted to create their bouquets and ceremony flowers. If possible, ask them to show you pictures with the arrangements they chose, so you can determine if you like the work of florist they hired.
2. Another idea is to take notice of the flower arrangements when dinning at your favorite restaurant and if you like what you see, then ask the manager for the name and phone number of their florist. Restaurants cannot afford to have mediocre or sloppy looking floral arrangements in their premises, they have an image to keep before the public which would make their recommendation a good resource for you.
3. In the fast paced world that we live in, technology can be very helpful and a great time saver too. You can try browsing through some of the online floral shops. In a few clicks of the mouse, you can easily locate a florist that might have what you're looking for. However, pictures do not always guarantee that what you see on your screen is exactly what you'll receive, but at least it will give you possible options to consider in the comfort of your own home and will prepare you for the actual visit you'll be doing next.
4. Visiting your florist is definitely a MUST. There's nothing like seeing things in person, with your own two eyes, what kind of bouquets they have and what kind of arrangements they are currently working on. Even if it isn't a wedding flower arrangement that they are doing, I would still recommend that you closely observe the finished product of all that you see around you. Do you like what you see? Is their work neat? Does it look presentable and well put together? Do you like their matched color schemes and the decorations they used on the finished product? It's an excellent way to gauge if you will like their work without spending a dime!
5. Although there are florists that have a portfolio on the flower arrangements they specialize on, not all of them do. Personally, I prefer the shops that do have a portfolio for several reasons. You will be able to see a variety of their completed arrangements, gather ideas on possible wedding flower arrangements and the most important one here, deciding if you like their work. Never feel pressured to have to make a decision on the spot, if you're unsure tell them that you're undecided and that you will come back another day. In the meantime scout around for other possible florists and go for the one that you absolutely REALLY like and are sure of!
6. Now that you've selected the florist that will create your wedding bouquets and flower arrangements, you'll need to discuss your budget. You should let your florist know up front how much you can afford. Even if you can't get the lavish orchid bouquets you wanted on your budget, your florist should have plenty of ideas for your wedding flower arrangements and for creating a similar look more affordable.
7. Personality, yes this is very important. When working with your florist you definitely want to work with someone who is friendly, polite, helpful, flexible and accommodating. They are in business to make money, yes, but they also need to be cooperative too. Getting along with your florist will make things run smoothly, so if your florist seemed a little grumpy, find another person for the job immediatley!
A good florist is an asset to have for any occasion. Take your time in choosing the right one and believe me, when you do so, you will be pleasantly surprised with the beautiful wedding flower arrangements you'll have. A professional florist who truly loves and enjoys their work, will not let you down. Keep these handy tips in mind when searching for the right florist for your wedding flower arrangements and it will make your life and search that much easier!