Many brides truly wonder if it is possible to find cheap wedding dresses that look beautiful and that don't cost a lot of money. However in today's society, most of us have been conditioned to believe that, in order to have a gorgeous gown, it means that we're going to have to be willing to spend a considerable amount of money... but, I'm pleased to say, that this concept couldn't be further away from the truth.
In fact, there are many easy strategies to getting an amazing dress that looks great, fits well and that won't break the bank, no one will be the wiser here, only you. So let's explore your options for saving money and for finding cheap wedding dresses!
1. Check Out Mass Retailers. You'd be surprised to know that you can actually find attractive bridal gowns here that are generally well under $1000.00 and most of these places, for a fee, are willing to add additional embellishments that will make the gown uniquely yours. You could also try, to buy a bridesmaid or prom dress in white or ivory, and accessorize it with a veil, a tiara, gloves etc. to complete this instant cheap wedding dress look for you. I can assure you,that if you take this route, your savings will be enormous and nobody will ever know the difference!
2. Buying Off-Season. Have you ever heard the saying that says, the early bird gets the worm? It's very true. Try hitting the stores early and shopping off-season, often times, you can get big discounts on designer wedding dresses, stores are inevitably forced to reduce their prices in order to make room for new inventory for the soon coming bridal season. These are the best times to find and to buy cheap wedding dresses!
3. Look For Savings Online. While its wonderful to go to a bridal salon and try on different gowns, it isn't always the best method for finding a sale, if your heart is set on having a designer dress, but you're on a tight budget, then searching for your dress online is the best way to go. It won't be easy but it's definitely possible to find lovely gowns at unbeatable prices.
The key to making this work is, you're going to have to give yourself plenty of time and when you do find a cheap wedding dress, make sure that the retailer you're purchasing from has a no questions asked return policy, this would also include final sales.
4. Something Borrowed. Don't have a clue as to what you can borrow to conform to tradition? Well, what better option than to borrow your mom's wedding dress? Chances are, her gown is still intact and only needs to be professionally cleaned and pressed. If she gives you her gown, do consider it an honor to wear it, knowing that she has kept it this long in order to pass it along to you.
5. Hire a Dressmaker. When looking for discount bridal gowns, it really helps if you can think outside of the box. Hiring a dressmaker is probably the most overlooked method to finding cheap wedding dresses. These professionals generally speaking, have a keen eye for design and can customize or even make the dress that you show them from a magazine clipping! When hiring, be sure to contract someone who has previous experience making bridal gowns, is reliable and who will have the dress completed before the big day arrives. Also, make sure to ask them if they will be available to make any last minute alterations if necessary.
6. Vintage Stores and Thrift Shops. If you love vintage items and don't mind wearing used clothes, you could find a bridal gown at a vintage bridal shop or thrift store. Since wedding gowns are worn only once, you have a very good chance of finding something worth wearing for a deeply discounted price. Just make sure to inspect it for little or no visible defects.
7. Annual Sales. Many local stores will have annual bridal sales during a specific time of the year. Although, you'll find it to be hectic and very busy, it is a great opportunity to find a lot of cheap wedding dresses at huge savings! You can find these listings through the newspaper, Internet or TV commercials. I wouldn't recommend you go alone on this one, make sure to bring a friend or two with you, to help you find dresses quick (the crowds are huge here) as this is a first come, first served event so arrive early!
8. Last Season Styles. You can buy a discounted or last season bridal dress that closely resembles what you're looking for, even if it is a little big, this can always be taken in for a perfect fit. So when your visiting a bridal salon, ask them if they have any gowns from last season that you can look at and don't worry, no one ever pays attention to what is the current trend for bridal dresses.
9. Ask For a Discount. When purchasing formal-wear, try to buy all of the dresses for your bridesmaids, your mother's, your own, the tuxedos for the ushers and so on, from the same store and ask them if they would consider giving you a discount. You really have nothing to loose when doing this and the worse that could happen, is that they say no, but who knows, they might say "yes" after all. Some stores will offer it if you purchase several items from them at once.
10. Cash Back Cards. It is always recommended to buy your bridal gown with a credit card (no debits), so as to protect yourself incase of a merchant dispute. However, sometimes we set our eyes on a gorgeous gown that we just can't get out of heads, even if it means forgoing the cheap wedding dresses idea. In this instance you can try to get creative about obtaining the discount by purchasing the bridal dress with a cash back credit card. You'll earn a rebate and will get your dream dress! As you see, there are many ways to skin a cat!
As always your best ally for planning your dream wedding is time. Starting early isn't an option for any bride, especially for budget weddings. I sincerely hope that you make good use of this information and that it help you find a beautiful gown real soon. Good luck.